By Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam
This quantity comprises a variety of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures offered each year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. added via eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they conceal a huge spectrum of matters in physics, chemistry, lifestyles technological know-how, arithmetic, historiography and social issues.
This distinctive memorial lecture sequence used to be inaugurated through the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts following a world symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's beginning. due to the fact Einstein's pursuits, actions and impression weren't limited to theoretical physics yet spanned vast fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it used to be felt that those memorial lectures could be addressed to scientists, students and erudite laypersons instead of to physicists alone.
- What Can natural arithmetic provide to Society? (W Timothy Gowers, Fields Medalist)
- General Covariance and the Passive Equations of Physics (Shlomo Sternberg, Professor of natural and utilized arithmetic, Harvard University)
- The constitution of Quarks and Leptons (Haim Harari, Professor of Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beautiful Theories (Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Harmless power from Nuclei (Carlo Rubbia, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecular details towards Self-Organization and intricate topic (Jean-Marie Lehn, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Chromatin and Transcription (Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Energy, setting, and the accountability of Scientists (Yuan T Lee, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Res Ipsa Loquitur: historical past and Mimesis (John E Wansbrough, Professor of Oriental and African reports, collage of London)
Readership: Scientists, scholars and lay people.
Read Online or Download Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 PDF
Similar general physics books
In recent times there was a tremendous bring up within the study and improvement of nanoscale technology and expertise. crucial to the knowledge of the houses of nanoscale buildings is the modeling of digital conduction via those platforms. This graduate textbook offers an in-depth description of the delivery phenomena appropriate to platforms of nanoscale dimensions.
A large standpoint at the thought of basic Relativity and Its Observable ImplicationsGeneral Relativity: fundamentals and past familiarizes scholars and starting researchers with the elemental positive factors of the speculation of basic relativity in addition to a few of its extra complex facets. applying the pedagogical form of a textbook, it contains crucial principles and barely enough heritage fabric wanted for readers to understand the problems and present learn.
Primeiro livro de física concebido a partir de uma pesquisa que buscou a melhor forma de ensinar a física de forma moderna e efetiva. Dividido em quatro volumes, o quantity three apresenta eletricidade e magnetismo, utilizando uma linguagem clara e de fácil assimilação pelos alunos. Os recursos didáticos para os professores inclui fabric de apoio em inglês e lâminas de PowerPoint em português.
Guide of Vacuum Physics, quantity 1: Gases and Vacua presents info at the many points of vacuum expertise, from fabric at the quantum theoretical features of the complicated semi-conductors used for thermionic and photo-electric emission to facts at the functionality of commercially to be had pumps, gauges, and high-vacuum fabrics.
- Rebuilding Modern Physics
- Elefanten im All: Unser Platz im Universum (German Edition)
- Dislocations in Solids: The 30th Anniversary Volume: 16
- Das String-Distring-Konzept: Ein plastisches Quanten-Modell (German Edition)
- Engineering Physics
Additional resources for Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1
Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 by Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam